Monday, July 19, 2010

You've got me stuck on repeat

I at least have a legitimate excuse for not updating in a loooooong time. I had no computer for the last two months as I spilled a glass of wine all over it. Go me.

It is just over forty days until I make my cross country journey for school. Scary as I do not have a place to lived quite yet but exciting since I have ideas bursting out of my head that will make school a huge success.

On to today's pictures.
First things first, I made my very first piece of jewellery: a pair of earrings for my friend Tara. I first found the skull beads at Courage my Love in Kensington Market, which got me thinking. When I found the feathers, it all came together beautifully. Thank you so kindly Claude Abittan at The Beadery on Queen West for helping me bring my idea to life.


The very beautiful Tara


The earrings.


Now to show of more of my wardrobe! This outfit was a total fluke. The shirt and bloomers were both recent purchases meant to finish other outfits. Then came the hat. I have been searching and searching for a boater for ages. Finally, the same day I got the beads at Courage my Love, I walked into Exile and there it was! So while preparing to brave the mean streets of Toronto in the midst of G20 fever, I discovered innocence in an outfit (which came handy when asking riot police for directions around the mayhem).





My dog is too cute for words.




He is also easily distracted...




Very easily distracted. And quite strong.




Top - Wilfred
Bloomers - American Apparel
Shoes - Keds
Hat - Vintage
Purse - Marc by Marc Jacobs


I cannot wait for my fresh start in Vancouver.

No comments:

Post a Comment